School Board Election – Gasconade County R-1 Schools
The Gasconade County R-1 School District will accept declarations of candidacy from any resident taxpayer, who is eligible to file for a position on the School Board in the April 2, 2024 election. There are two positions available with three-year terms. Persons interested may file at the Office of the Superintendent, located in the Central Administration Building at 170 Blue Pride Drive, Hermann, Missouri.
Filing will begin on December 5, 2023 at 8:00 a.m. Candidates may file between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on December 5th. From December 6th through December 22nd, filing will be accepted between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday). Filing will not occur on days that the district’s offices are closed due to inclement weather or if other unforeseen circumstances have forced cancellation of district office hours. In addition, filing will not occur when the school district’s offices are closed on December 25, 2023.
Filing will end on December 26, 2023; hours of filing on December 26th will be from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For questions on filing, please contact the Central Office at 573-486-2116 ext. 1302
For more information on what it means to serve as a school board member, please visit Missouri School Boards' Association website at https://www.mosba.org/
A school board member in Missouri must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- A resident taxpayer of a district or voters of the district in urban districts
- A resident of Missouri and the district for at least one year
- At least 24 years old
Candidates must also:
- Be current on state and local taxes
- Have not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under Missouri or federal law
- Have not registered or required to register as a sex offender
- Have filed required campaign documents for all previous campaigns, if any